1. Spiritual involvement–prayer, reading about spirituality, meditation, yoga.
2. Consistent sense of humor–laughing at oneself and the ironies and paradoxes in life.
3. Frequent periods of joyful, happy experiences. Ability to recognize and circumvent ironies, paradoxes and hypocrisy.
4. Unflappable positive expectations; frame events in a constructive light–the glass is half full versus the glass is half empty.
5. Ability to readily adapt to changing conditions.
6. Rapid response and recovery of stress response systems to repeated challenges–a.k.a ability to bounce back.
7. Enthusiasm for physical activity.
8. Consistent pattern of identifying and communicating feelings.
9. Daily sense of peace of mind, gratitude and generosity.
10. Continuing presence of support from and for family and friends.
“Confidence on the outside begins by living with integrity on the inside.” Brian Tracy
As humans, we have the ability to make conscious choices as to how we want to live our lives. Our choices determine the outcome of our life experiences.
If the ten signs of Good Health aren’t solidly fixed in your life–you can choose to change.
o Be patient and give yourself time to develop new behaviors, thoughts and identity–one that is congruent for your comfort and security.
o Make small, incremental changes in the way you think and behave. You don’t need to turn yourself inside out to create a change. Small changes can create the biggest difference.
o Learn to recognize the emotions you are acting out and find healthy ways for expressing those emotions.
o Stop the negative self-talk–i.e. stop judging yourself or comparing yourself to others.
o Stay focused on your goal–do something every day, internally and externally, to alter old habit patterns.