What: Siteman Cancer Center, based at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, will celebrate the kickoff of construction of its newest facility at Memorial Hospital East. The event will feature cancer patients and their physicians coming together to sign a steel support beam that will become part of the building.
- Mark J. Turner, president of Memorial Hospital East
- Joan R. Magruder, group president of BJC HealthCare
- Mark A. Kern, St. Clair County Board chairman
- David H. Perlmutter, MD, executive vice chancellor for medical affairs and dean of Washington University School of Medicine
- Timothy J. Eberlein, MD, director of Siteman Cancer Center and head of the Department of Surgery at Washington University School of Medicine
Special Guests: Scott Air Force Base 375th Medical Group Color Guard and U.S. Air Force Tech Sgt. (retired) Keisha Gwin-Goodin, who will sing the Star-Spangled Banner; broadcaster Tom Calhoun, the voice of the St. Louis Blues and Gateway Grizzlies, will emcee the event.
Where: Memorial Hospital East, 1404 Cross St. in Shiloh, Ill. (map)
When:10:45-11:45 a.m. Friday, Feb. 22
To attend: Media should contact Jim Goodwin at 314-680-8251 if planning to attend.
For more information: Visit siteman.wustl.edu/visiting/Illinois.
Source: Read Full Article