Study shows: Approximately six times more cases by Laser treatment
Varicose veins are widespread diseases in Germany. More than every second Person in the spider veins in the course of life developed. In roughly one in every ten people is a dangerous variant of the varicose veins to life-threatening danger, since they increase the risk for thrombosis or a life-threatening pulmonary embolism. The Laser treatment for the removal of such varicose veins is widely used in Germany. A recent study shows, however, that it comes in this method to very high relapse rates.
Researchers from the Ruhr-University Bochum, Laser therapy for removal of varicose veins with the classical surgical removal of the varicose compared. The research team found that the laser treatment within the first five years to an alarmingly high number of relapses. The reason is that When lasering a vein stump remains in the desolate vein. This increases the hazard on relapses. The results of the research were recently published in the journal “phlebology”.
So a laser therapy runs for varicose vein removal
The researchers explain the process of a Laser treatment for the removal of varicose veins: a catheter is inserted into the pathologically enlarged vein. Subsequently, this is heated with a laser beam so strong that the vein closes. “Because of the strong heat development, you must maintain a safe distance from the deep leg vein,” explains Professor Dr. Achim Mumme, the Director of the clinic for vascular surgery at St. Josef Hospital in Bochum, Germany, in a press release. Due to this safety distance remain after the treatment, a venous stump.
The venous stump favors the development of additional spider veins
“At the time of surgical removal of varicose veins is a Dull a treatment error, because you know that it comes from starting with frequent relapses,” explains the Professor. This fact was also confirmed in the current study. According to the results, when the lasers were 5.6 times more likely to relapse, as in the case of the operating method. Professor Dr. Achim Mumme and his colleagues recommend the surgical removal of varicose veins compared to the Laser therapy as a method preferable.
Why are so many people suffering from varicose veins?
As the professional Association of German internists notify, there are various factors that promote the development of varicose. For one, there is a congenital weakness of the vein walls or valves, which can also lead to varicose veins at a young age. On the other, there are numerous risk factors, which spider veins arise. Count, for example:
- Lack of exercise: In case of predominantly seated and standing activities, the calf muscle pump is not sufficiently activated. Gravity is also hampered in these positions, the flow of blood.
- Age: With increasing age there is an increased risk to varicose veins, since the elasticity of the tissue decreases and a lot of people in higher age less move.
- Pregnancy: hormonal changes in pregnancy lead to stretching of the vein walls. If the Baby is in the womb is larger, it can press on the venous system of the mother. In most cases, those spider veins improve after giving birth.
- Obesity: Each of the unnecessary pounds exerts a pressure on the leg veins. The more the pressure is Overweight, the greater.
- Smoking: tobacco use has a negative impact on the arterial blood circulation in the body and increases the risk for varicose.
- Clothes: tight-fitting leg garments, in particular socks, the blood flow affect. In people with weak vein walls, this can lead to the emergence of varicose veins.
- Diet: A low fiber diet is a suspected risk to the formation of varicose veins to increase.
A healthy diet is extremely important
For healthy veins and venous valves Vitamin C is very important. This is primarily contained in rose hips, sea buckthorn, black currants, gooseberries, parsley, green cabbage, peppers and Brussels sprouts. Onions, garlic and ginger, reduce the clotting substances in the blood and should therefore be used regularly when cooking.
Contrast showers – A popular home remedy for varicose veins
In the case of change of showers, the exchange of cold and warm water stimulates the muscles of the blood vessels. By alternating between cold and warm, the natural pumping function of the veins is trained. In addition, exchange-relieving showers tired, heavy legs, have an invigorating effect on the circulatory system and can even have a beneficial for high blood pressure. Please note: Always with the right Arm begin!
Additional information: not dangerous variants of spider veins these home remedies may help against varicose veins. (vb)