The novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 spreads in Germany. What danger is the Virus, how can I protect myself and what to do if I’m afraid to have me plugged in? The ABDA – Bundesvereinigung Deutscher Apotheker e. V. has published a leaflet for patients, which contains all the important information.
How is the novel Coronavirus ütransferred?
The Transmission of influenza virus between humans occurs through saliva droplets when Breathing, coughing or Sneezing. These infectious secretions get on the hands, the touch, for example, the face and the mucous membranes, may also be a Transmission. It is unclear whether the Virus can also be transmitted fecal-orally. It is currently that it may take after an infection for up to 14 days until the disease can occur in the characters.
What are the symptoms of köcan a disease occur?
The infection can lead to symptoms of a flu infection, such as cough, runny nose, irritation of Throat, fever,. In some patients the disease can take a severe course. It can cause respiratory problems and pneumonia. Deaths it had yet to diseases, mainly in patients who were older and/or chronic reason. Some patients were suffering from diarrhea.
How can I prevent an infection?
As with other respiratory diseases can be Affected by simple hygiene measures, particularly cough – and Niesetikette, hand hygiene, and distance, you reduce the risk of, or to infect others. Specifically, this means:
- Coughing or sneezing others.
- You cough in the Hand, but in a disposable handkerchief, if necessary, in your Sleeves.
- You keep on coughing to the greatest possible distance to other and you will obtain the Opposite.
- You use handkerchiefs and dispose of them as soon as possible after a single use, in tightly closed garbage containers.
- Avoid Hands Contact.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- You will have to wash often and thoroughly with the hands, for example, to people contact, use of sanitary facilities. You RUB the soap for 20 to 30 seconds between the fingers.
- Washing facilities are not available, can be disinfected the hands with suitable alcohol solutions, Gels, or wipes.
- Ventilate rooms several times a day for several minutes. This reduces the number of germs in the air and prevents drying of the mucous membranes.
A mouth-nose protection is useful?
There is no sufficient evidence that the Wearing of a mouth-nose protection reduces the risk of infection of a healthy Person. According to the world health organization, the Wearing of a mask can create a false sense of security. In case of doubt, the Central hygiene measures are neglected.
If a respiratory infection is ill Person must go out in Public, can be Wearing a mouth-nose protection is useful to reduce the risk of contagion to other persons by droplet infection.
For the mouth-nose protection and FFP masks there are, however, constraints on supply. A large part of the production for the European market is made in China. Not least because of the local demand is therefore assumed that for the foreseeable future, only limited or even no deliveries.
What do I do if I think that Covid-to-be 19 ill?
- If you have had personal contact with a Person, in the case of the SARS-CoV-2 was detected, you should immediately call your local health Department contact. This also applies if you have no signs of illness.
- If they have lived within the last 14 days in a from the Robert Koch Institute, a designated risk area, report them, regardless of signs of illness immediately by telephone having regard to your travel to the competent health office.
- After a stay in regions, which are not a risk area, in which, however, Covid-19-cases, one should avoid unnecessary contacts and to maintain the home. It comes within 14 days after returning from fever, cough or shortness of breath, should go to the doctor ‒ but only by prior appointment and with regard to the trip.
There is a therapy against Covid-19?
A specific treatment against Covid-19 there is not. You can relieve symptoms and supportive measures. Currently there is no vaccine, with the Covid-19 can be prevented.
Where can I find more information?
- The Robert Koch Institute (www.rki.de)
- Federal Ministry of health (www.bmg.bund.de)
- Federal centre for Health education (www.infektionsschutz.de)
- Auswärtiges Amt (auswaertiges-amt.de) information to passengers and rescue of passengers
- World health organization (www.who.org)
An Overview of all the messages you get on aponet.de current.